Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Always Ambling Around
Ahriman Posted: Tue Feb 15 17:00:12 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Proteins, Starches, Vegetables, etc.
Probably needs a condiment...
What are you puttin' on 'em?

Puck Posted: Tue Feb 15 18:38:27 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Can a non-nacho cheese be a condiment?

Ahriman Posted: Tue Feb 15 19:02:00 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If done right. Pshyah.

mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 16 02:49:16 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if the protein is beef n the starch is taters and the vegetables are... vegetables then some form of delicious gravy, maybe onion.

If the protein is fish, the starch is pasta and the vegetable is in some kinda salad a wonderful Croatian relish called ajvar.

If the protein is a stain on my starched shirt and the vegetable was me getting it on there i like Bold 2 in one liqui-tabs for a forest fresh clean feel.

addi Posted: Wed Feb 16 06:46:22 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>If the protein is a stain on my starched shirt and the vegetable was me getting it on there i like Bold 2 in one liqui-tabs for a forest fresh clean feel.

there's nothing like a forest fresh clean man I always say.

choke Posted: Thu Feb 17 08:26:01 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't cook

Things I eat:

Sandwiches
Cup a soups
Meal-bars (I found a curry flavoured bar the other day)
Ready-made 7/11 meals
Toast
Vast amounts of sugar

I don't think there's actually protein or vegetables or any of what you mentioned in that list...

When I tell my kids I don't cook they get such a kick out of it. Those crazy not-night-before-bento-box-making foreigners! But there's something hugely depressing to me about the idea of cooking for myself and then serving it onto a plate and eating it myself. Plus it wastes SO MUCH of my time. Cooking is a social activity, if I'm doing it, it's an event, and I'm doing it with wine. (Other people optional.) But you can see my weeknight dilemma.

Also I've put on 7kg and it's about the grossest thing in the world. I've never been much of a behemoth so I have no idea what to do about it (that doesn't involve self control, obviously). Help, I have HAUNCHES.

Ahriman Posted: Fri Feb 18 18:14:24 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Condiment of choice: Sriracha

Choke, cookin' is like any other skill out there. The more you do it, the better and faster you get. As to it bein' a social activity, well now don't forget food talks too. It has a lot to say and teach.

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 18 21:45:10 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>The more you do it, the better and faster you get.

Word. I threw together a meatless bacon cheeseburger with lightly sauteed onions, spicy mustard. Yeah. Like ten minutes. One pan. One plate.

Ahriman Posted: Sat Feb 19 10:28:38 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Word. I threw together a meatless bacon cheeseburger with lightly sauteed onions, spicy mustard. Yeah. Like ten minutes. One pan. One plate.

Nom nom nom
I <3 Weber's mustard

Puck Posted: Sat Feb 19 14:47:02 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I <3 Weber's mustard

The original? They all look pretty appealing.
I'm still searching for a really badass spicy mustard.

Ahriman Posted: Sat Feb 19 16:44:28 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Weber's horseradish mustard all the way

Puck Posted: Sat Feb 19 20:43:53 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Weber's horseradish mustard all the way

not the garlic, honey, or jalapeno?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]