Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Time enough at last
mat_j Posted: Mon Feb 28 01:24:33 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well folks down at forum county hadn't seen a flame war like this one since old man Addi had accidentally set fire to his hay barn.

Hi there everyone, it's me everyone's third favourite Welshman mat_j.

What with all the Obamarama going on jus' about everywhere else on this forum at the moment i was wondering if anyone wanted to say something fun or nice?


 
addi Posted: Mon Feb 28 07:50:56 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you are now my 4th favorite welshman.


 
choke Posted: Mon Feb 28 10:26:59 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There was an earthquake :(

The nice part is my students came up to the staffroom to ask specifically if my mother was okay (my family live in a different city) and if they could do fundraising

(I cried, and probably will again)


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Feb 28 16:15:51 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To be honest i don't post or check gt when there is a flame war. I use to get involved but i'm sick to my stomach of it. I just avoid the forum for a week - three weeks until the nastiness blows the fuck over. x__x


Nice: It was super foggy all day yesterday and it was rather beautiful :)

the geeky/dorky/nerdy tshirt site I go to (www.teefury.com) has an awesome doctor who shirt up today that I bought :D That site has alright shirts but from time to time they rock the doctor who shirts n__n

www.teemagnet.com is awesome too for that sort of thing :D


 
Ahriman Posted: Mon Feb 28 18:30:32 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been interviewed and offered several seasonal jobs. Just tryin' to figure out which one is the best. Though my top pick is being super slow about their interviews and I need to start givin' decisions.


 
Kira Posted: Mon Feb 28 22:13:46 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm going to New York in less than two months. First time going there in the Spring, it's going to be fantastic. And quite by accident, we planned our trip the same time Prairie Home Companion is there on tour.

Has anyone else ever noticed that the hourglass, a symbol of impermanence and mortality, and the infinity symbol, which represents time without end, are the same shape?


 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Feb 28 22:41:58 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>There was an earthquake :(
>
>The nice part is my students came up to the staffroom to ask specifically if my mother was okay (my family live in a different city) and if they could do fundraising
>
>(I cried, and probably will again)
>
:-)


 
Ahriman Posted: Mon Feb 28 23:49:38 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I'm going to New York in less than two months. First time going there in the Spring, it's going to be fantastic. And quite by accident, we planned our trip the same time Prairie Home Companion is there on tour.
>
>Has anyone else ever noticed that the hourglass, a symbol of impermanence and mortality, and the infinity symbol, which represents time without end, are the same shape?

I hope you have a great time. NY is amazing and the people are too. You just gotta watch yourself and everything is right as rain.

I've noticed a lot of inanimate objects look like other things...perhaps a few Disney movies as examples :D


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 1 03:34:46 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just like some people say the swastika is a cross with the arms broken the hour glass is essentially an infinity sign with the never ending loop broken at two ends???

Also, I heart the moebius shape, it blows my mind that something can have one side and this was figured out by someone who has a name like a Alien warlord or steampunk submariner.

Also, My thoughts still go out to the victims of the Christchurch Earthquake, my friend Natalie is from Christchurch so it is never far from my mind.

There was a minutes silence on saturday during the wales/Ireland 6 nations match who stood silent in solidarity with our rugby playing cousins down in (The greatest Rugby playing nation in the world) NZ who had been affected by the event, it was sweet to see those impatient oiks stand quiet and still for 60 seconds out of that respect.


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 1 05:12:43 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>you are now my 4th favorite welshman.

Ok which one of them outdid me?

Beknickered lounge god Tom Jones?

One size fits all actor Anthony Hopkins?

Handsome super hero Ioan Gruffudd?

angry super hero Christian Bale?

The guy who broke in Michael Caine Stanley Baker?

Welvet Undergrounder John Cale?

National treasure and bond song singer
Dame Shirley Bassey?

Bond Timothy Dalton?

Operatic warbler Katherine Jenkins?

Director and David Thewlis spoouse Sara Sugarman?

Respected actor Glyn Houston?

Crazy Welsh sidekick turned star Rhys
Ifans?

Michael Douglas' nurse Catherine Zeta-Jones?

Return of the Jedi director Richard Marquand?

Python Terry Jones?

Imperialist adventurer Lawrence of Arabia?

Dr. Livingstone finder Henry Morton Stanley?

Mountaineer and reluctant mountain namer George Everest?

Light loafered composer Ivor Novello?

80s Belter Bonnie Tyler?

Philosophical ponderer Bertrand Russell?

NHS founder Aneurin Bevan?

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard?

'Father of the Internet' and inventor of packet switching Donald Watts Davies?

Inventor of the = sign Robert Recorde?

Undefeated former WBO, WBA, WBC, IBF super middleweight and the ring light heavyweight world champion boxer Joe Calzaghe?

Former US Masters golf champion Ian Woosnam?

Hash smuggling supertar Howard Marks?

UK Prime Minister David Lloyd George?


Or how about any of these notable Americans of Welsh descent...


Omnicool hipster Humphrey Bogart (Welsh grandmother)?

Backstreet boyos Nick and Aaron Carter?

Sorry but, Tom Cruise (Great Great Grandfather was from flint)?

Hilarious bigot Andy Griffith?

Hilarious bigot D. W Griffith?

Super hunk and heroine Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher?

Boat show attendee Bob Hope?

Hot hot hick Juliette Lewis?

Canadian humoursmith Leslie Nielson?

Mormon warriors The Osmonds?

New Kirk Chris Pine?

Tim Robbins mother Susan Sarandon?

Olympus Pen camera salesman and actor Kevin fucking Spacey?

Author type Jack London?

Abolotionist Harriet Beecher motherfucking Stowe?

HBO's John Adams?

The DuMont Netowrks John Quincy Adams?

Quisling and Brutus traitor Benedict Arnold?

(Spew) Hillary Rodham Clinton?

(Spew) George W. Bush (distant apparently)? (I KNOW!)

Not so cool Calvin Coolidge?

Confederate leader Jefferson Davis?

the CIA's E. Howard Hunt?

Dixie crack general Robert E. Lee?

and Wait for it.... Yes... Abraham Lincoln too, just to balance it out?

Forgettable president James Monroe?

Sour mash magnate Jasper Newton 'Jack' Daniels?

germophobe aviator Howard Hughes?

Pionmeer Daniel Boone?

And my final insult to your great nation, and this one is tough to swallow but apparently distantly on his mothers side... Barack 'Barry' Obama.

THE WELSH, Slipping one in yo' ancestors since AD 400.

Happy Saint David's day everyone!!







 
choke Posted: Tue Mar 1 06:19:56 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Just like some people say the swastika is a cross with the arms broken the hour glass is essentially an infinity sign with the never ending loop broken at two ends???
>
>Also, I heart the moebius shape, it blows my mind that something can have one side and this was figured out by someone who has a name like a Alien warlord or steampunk submariner.
>
>Also, My thoughts still go out to the victims of the Christchurch Earthquake, my friend Natalie is from Christchurch so it is never far from my mind.
>
>There was a minutes silence on saturday during the wales/Ireland 6 nations match who stood silent in solidarity with our rugby playing cousins down in (The greatest Rugby playing nation in the world) NZ who had been affected by the event, it was sweet to see those impatient oiks stand quiet and still for 60 seconds out of that respect.

That's amazing, I just cannot believe the amount of support that has come from around the world. I like all your countries.


 
addi Posted: Tue Mar 1 06:59:18 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you are now my 60th favorite welshman
(you would have been 61st, but you beat out George W Bush)


 
Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 1 23:18:50 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Back to Talkeetna, AK!


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 2 05:59:00 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Back to Talkeetna, AK!
>
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Maybe you'll end up relocating there for good ?


 
Ahriman Posted: Wed Mar 2 10:01:44 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Sounds like a good idea to me.
>Maybe you'll end up relocating there for good ?

Probably not. Almost all jobs are seasonal up there and it's a pretty harsh place during the winter. I'm already researchin' places in the lower 48 I can find a winter job at.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 2 18:20:09 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Sounds like a good idea to me.
>>Maybe you'll end up relocating there for good ?
>
>Probably not. Almost all jobs are seasonal up there and it's a pretty harsh place during the winter. I'm already researchin' places in the lower 48 I can find a winter job at.
>
I'm too old and have too many roots now, but relocating to a place like that would appeal to me in my younger days. Even with the harsh Alaska winters.
The seasonal employment situation would be a deal breaker though.


 
libra Posted: Sun Mar 6 03:11:58 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>addi said:
>>you are now my 4th favorite welshman.
>
>Ok which one of them outdid me?


despite reading that extensive list I can still say that mat_j is my favorite welshman.


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 8 07:04:27 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>mat_j said:
>>addi said:
>>>you are now my 4th favorite welshman.
>>
>>Ok which one of them outdid me?
>
>
>despite reading that extensive list I can still say that mat_j is my favorite welshman.


Yessss!

:-D

TY Libra, I miss you, I never know how to contact you outside of GT.




 
addi Posted: Tue Mar 8 07:32:27 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>TY Libra, I miss you, I never know how to contact you outside of GT.

I use mental telepathy, mat.
The connection quality isn't as good as using Skype though, so you have to put up with dropped calls and dead zones.


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 8 07:57:32 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>TY Libra, I miss you, I never know how to contact you outside of GT.
>
>I use mental telepathy, mat.
>The connection quality isn't as good as using Skype though, so you have to put up with dropped calls and dead zones.

You and Hif are like that movie the men who stare at goats except you are the men who stare at boobies.


 
addi Posted: Tue Mar 8 08:52:49 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>You and Hif are like that movie the men who stare at goats except you are the men who stare at boobies.

Yeah, but not goat boobies.


 
libra Posted: Tue Mar 8 13:40:40 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>
>TY Libra, I miss you, I never know how to contact you outside of GT.
>
>

back at you. do you still use msn messenger or what, now?



 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 8 16:53:27 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like boobies, but not Addi's boobies.


 
addi Posted: Wed Mar 9 11:47:59 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  would you like them in a box?


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 9 13:23:56 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>would you like them in a box?
>
Addi's boobies in a box.


Hmmm kind of a nice rhythm to it.
Maybe could be the first line of a limerick eh ?


 
addi Posted: Wed Mar 9 15:45:43 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It was a reference to Dr. Seuss's "Green Eggs and Ham", hif. You'll not be seeing my boobies in any place, so relax ;)

Which then reminded me of something I did way back in '04 (my god have we been here that long?!)
Anyway I found it saved in my GT stuff here. I've matured a whole bunch since those days so I'd never think to write anything this childish today. :)
__________________________

I am Ant

Ant I am

That Ant-I-am!
That Ant-I-am!
I do not like
that Ant-I-am!

Do you like furry beavers?

I do not like them, Ant-I-am.
I do not like furry beavers.

Would you like them here or there?

I would not like them here or there.
I would not like them anywhere.
I do not like furry beavers.
I do not like them, Ant-I-am.

Would you like them in a cat house?
Would you like them on Ms. mouse?

I do not like them in a cat house.
I do not like them on Ms. mouse.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere.
I do not like furry beavers.
I do not like them, Ant-I-am.

Would you eat one with some lox?
Would you eat one on a fox?

Not with some lox.
Not on a fox.
Not in a cat house.
Not on Ms. mouse.
I would not eat them here or there.
I would not eat them anywhere.
I would not like furry beavers.
I do not like them, Ant-I-am.

Would you? Could you?
In a VW van?
Eat one! Eat one!
Yes you can.

I would not, could not, in a van.

You may like them.
With Sweet Peas.
You may like them on your knees!

I would not, could not, on my knees.
Not in a van! You let me be.
I do not like them with some lox.
I do not like them on a fox.
I do not like them in a cat house.
I do not like them on Ms. mouse.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere.
I do not like those furry beavers.
I do not like them, Ant-I-am.

A bed! A bed!
A bed! A bed!
Could you, would you, on a bed?

Not on Sweet Peas! Not on my knees!
Not in a van! Ant! Let me be!
I would not, could not, with some lox.
I could not, would not, on a fox.
I will not eat one on Ms. mouse.
I will not eat them in a cat house.
I will not eat them here or there.
I will not eat them anywhere.
I do not eat those furry beavers.
I do not like them, Ant-I-am.

Say!
On a fence? Here with Innocence?
Would you, could you, on a fence?

I would not, could not, with Innocence!

Would you, could you, with novemberain?

I would not, could not, with novemberain.
Not on a fence. Not with Innocence.
Not on a bed. Not on my knees.
I do not like them, Ant, you see.
Not with some lox. Not on a fox.
Not in a cat house. Not with Ms. mouse.
I will not eat them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere!

You do not like furry beavers?

I do not like them, Ant-I-am.

Could you, would you, on a hill?

I would not, could not, on a hill!

Would you, could you, in Brazil?

I could not, would not, in Brazil.
I will not, will not, on a hill.
I will not eat them on a fence.
I will not eat pure Innocence.
Not in a van! Not on my knees!
Not on a hill! You let me be!
I do not like them with some lox.
I do not like them on a fox.
I will not eat them in a cat house.
I do not like them on Ms. mouse.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them ANYWHERE!
I do not like those furry beavers!
I do not like them, Ant-I-am.

You do not like them.
So you say.
Try one! Try one!
And you may.
Try one and you may, I say.

ANT!
If you will let me be, I will try one.
You will see.



Say!
I like furry beavers!
I do! I like them, Ant-I-am!
And I would eat them on a hill.
And I would eat them in brazil...
And I will eat them on a fence.
And in the bed. And on my knees.
And in a van. And with Sweet Peas.
They are so good, so good, you see!
So I will eat them with some lox.
And I will eat them on a fox.
And I will eat them in a cat house.
And I will eat them on Ms. mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like
Furry beavers!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Ant-I-am!


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]