Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Mending Might Make Me Mad
Ahriman Posted: Thu Apr 7 17:47:49 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So I've got this air mattress that fits perfectly in the back of the Xterra. It's better than layin' on my ground mat. Easy to fill with air. I can even do it with just lung power. When I was couch surfin' I used it a lot. One time, my buddy's crazy in heat catnip spaz of a cat ran across it when I was sleepin'. She put a incredibly small hole in it somewhere. The leak takes about 8 hours to deflate the mattress with me on it or it takes a week to do it alone. How do I find this hole and fix it? I don't want to throw away a perfectly good air mattress :(

Ahriman Posted: Thu Apr 7 18:01:05 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tried the soap and water method but it's just so small.

Puck Posted: Thu Apr 7 18:26:34 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I was looking for the hole in my bike tube, I just went by ear.

Kira Posted: Thu Apr 7 22:23:10 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have found those little leaks by feel sometimes. Could you put it outside for an hour, bring it back in and try to feel where the cool air is coming out?

The best way I think would be to submerge it somehow and watch for air bubbles (is this the soap and water method?). I guess you could do that in a bathtub as long as the mattress wasn't completely full, then use something to keep it from floating.

Kira Posted: Thu Apr 7 22:29:36 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also they sell a special glue to patch up little leaks on inflatable rafts. I bet even if you can't find any in a sporting goods store you could find some online, at one of the sites for any of these companies that manufacture rafts and kayaks and so on.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]