Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Open Thread
Kira Posted: Wed Apr 27 00:18:28 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Because I just feel like posting something.

New York is exhausting and I haven't been able to do/see half the things I meant to do/see. Goodness knows how tired I'd be if I had.

It smells funny here and people are curt and pushy and everything is sooo expensive and I love every last bit of it.

Today I heard conversations in Chinese, Japanese, German, Swedish and French. Tons of Chinese especially. The girls speaking French were sitting next to me at Blue Man Group and helped me unroll rolls of toilet paper onto the stage.

Kira Posted: Wed Apr 27 00:30:26 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh and Spanish! How could I forget? It's everywhere.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Apr 27 09:43:17 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That smell is only goin' to increase with all this warm weather we are suddenly gettin' :P

¡Qué lástima!

Kira Posted: Sun May 1 15:02:53 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's

so

quiet....

Mesh Posted: Mon May 2 01:45:26 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi

mat_j Posted: Wed May 4 10:15:09 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This thread should be far greater than it is but one of the more virrulent strains of GT fatigue has set in.

I will reply to this thread in full when i am better.

Billy_pilgrim Posted: Fri May 6 04:22:48 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I read that 'New York is exhausting' part and immediately thought of Leonard Cohen for some reason, probably Famous Blue Raincoat.

kurohyou Posted: Fri May 6 11:24:30 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I swallowed three bugs while running yesterday... It was not as funny as I expected it to be. I think one attached to the roof of my mouth and I was only able to remove it with a heavy dose of water and some spicy Chicken Tikka Masala Breeze made.

Either way... not a cool experience...

Not that it matters...

Kira Posted: Sat May 7 01:02:21 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am a lousy nurse. A wounded squirrel I was caring for died this morning.

This one will not be stealing any more bird food.

kurohyou Posted: Mon May 9 01:28:47 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yesterday on my drive home from work I had my radiator officially blow up. A nice large crack across the top spewed the coolant all over the place. I managed to limp the vehicle home and acquired a new radiator.

I use to work on cars. But about 8 or so years ago I took a hard line stance of not working on my own or anyones any more because I didn't like the dirt and grime under my nails.

So today was the first time I worked on my own car in about 8 years. Results

1 radiator installed in just under two hours. No leaks and no over heating after a 15 min test and a hour drive around town. Guess I still got it.

Not that it matters.

Mark Posted: Mon May 9 02:28:58 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow this place still exists! Nice :)

A quick hello from the very warm Netherlands. Hope everybody is doing ok :)

Kira Posted: Tue May 10 23:37:33 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I feel sorry for the guy who invented the axle. The caveman who invented the wheel gets all the glory but where would we be without the shaft that joins two wheels together?!

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 11 12:09:13 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I feel sorry for the guy who invented the axle. The caveman who invented the wheel gets all the glory but where would we be without the shaft that joins two wheels together?!
>
Unicycle

Puck Posted: Wed May 11 16:02:28 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Unicycle
Or Zorb.

Puck Posted: Wed May 11 16:02:54 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>shaft

Kira Posted: Thu May 12 00:03:58 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Honestly, some people seem almost proud to have their minds always in the gutter. Particularly people with penises. Why is that?

Puck Posted: Thu May 12 09:25:51 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's not even the meaning. It's just that fact that it means something else. I'd have been the same if you'd said duty.

Kira Posted: Thu May 12 09:36:52 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I may have sounded more annoyed there than I actually felt.

Puck said:
>duty.

Heehee.

Puck Posted: Thu May 12 10:32:44 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Puck said:
>>duty.
>
>Heehee.

we're even

Kira Posted: Sun May 15 23:17:55 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I demand to know why Tim Minchin is not more famous. I had never heard of him before yesterday and am now having to break away from a youtube binge which ate up entirely too much of my evening. But oh how I laughed.

mat_j Posted: Mon May 16 07:04:44 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Greetings GT friends.

Yes Tim Minchin is a funny mo'fo, his bemakeuped ozzie face always cheers me up.

had a nice day yesterday, took my writing team to a place called Llanwonno which is a tiny hamlet atop a mountain back home which consists of a 13th century Medieval church, a tumbledown graveyard (housing bones the historic Welsh athlete Guto Nyth-Bran and my grand parents) an adjacent pub and not much else. We went for a wander in the graveyard, where I managed to get my foot stuck in a few collapsed tombs and luckily avoided any adders.

Then a stroll through the woods where we soaked up the isolation and discussed the horror film we're working on. The whole purpose of the trip was for me to demonstrate to them that even in somewhere as tiny as Wales you can be isolated very quickly from civilization but the rugged geography and tiny size of the dotted settlements in the highland areas.

After stopping off to get some ideas written down, getting distracted by quoting The Simpsons and then getting a little bit freaked out having spent so much time discussing the terrible things that can happen to characters in Celtic mythology and wooded areas and especially the two combined we returned to the pub and car park.

On our way back we stumbled upon the tiny disappointing Well of St. Gwynno (Whilst investigating an abandoned handbag and bottle of pills) behind the graveyard & then headed back to the pub for a refreshing ale and conclusions in the beer garden before heading home.

The work to enjoyment ratio was heavily slanted in favour of the latter but I think I managed to instil in them what I needed to- A head for writing a dark and creepy pastoral noir and an idea that you don’t have to go very far to get lost, so fingers crossed for the project!

Below is the wikipedia page of the place feature a cool autumn photograph of the graveyard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanwynno

mat_j Posted: Mon May 16 09:14:37 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also for the benefit of Puck and the moonster...

The Silurian episodes of Doctor Who were filmed that.... Fancy that, my grandparents are buried at a Doctor Who set ;-)

mat_j Posted: Mon May 16 09:15:57 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there not that!

DYAC!!!!

choke Posted: Mon May 16 18:38:16 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey matj your post about a writing team just reminded me, I've been thinking about studying writing in another country for awhile, either the UK or USA, I probably couldn't afford a semester but a 6 week camp would be perfect - do you or anyone else know of these? I've been researching but ugh I just have no idea. I just want to travel and do something communal! (May as well write at the same time)

mat_j Posted: Mon May 16 19:47:15 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'll keep my snout to the wind, most UK courses are arse though, America would probably be best.

choke Posted: Thu May 19 18:55:25 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>I'll keep my snout to the wind, most UK courses are arse though, America would probably be best.

I have faith in your snout. If it helps, I have family in Ireland. Actually I should probably ask them too now that you mention it!

Kira Posted: Tue May 24 23:40:39 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh GT, I miss you.

mat_j Posted: Wed May 25 09:00:58 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There's nothing stopping you from not being here......

Kira Posted: Wed May 25 09:23:42 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>There's nothing stopping you from not being here......

I already talk to myself too much in real life thanks.

>not being here......

Wait, what?

choke Posted: Wed May 25 18:55:04 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WO.

CorDrine Posted: Sat May 28 13:14:56 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  god I love GT. This thread makes no sense at all and I miss it. Making a come back after 2 years. Hi All. I'm bored with life again. Sigh

Kira Posted: Sun May 29 23:05:10 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Welcome back CorDrine, I am sorry you are bored with life, perhaps you should take up skydiving. Or... or... ornithology.

Kira Posted: Sat Jun 18 22:53:17 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmmm another posthumous book by one of my favorite writers has just been released. I can't decide if I'm excited or disgusted.

I hate it when brilliant people die before they're finished being brilliant.

Kira Posted: Sat Jun 18 23:51:07 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL there's a toad in my house!

Mesh Posted: Fri Jul 8 23:53:12 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sitting here eating Doritos. What the hell does that even mean, anyway? Dorito. Please! These guys are definitely orange. There ain't no dag blast gold anywhere! Anyhoo....why am I eating these? And the WHOLE ENTIRE BAG? Why on Got Danged Earth would I do this to myself? My finger are stained, my lips are stained, my teeth are stained, my tongue is stained....my dignity is definitely stained. God!

And also. This is what I'm doing with my Friday night? Sitting at home, all alone, eating Doritos and feeling bad about it? Well...I suppose that's alright. I need a break. I've had quite the action packed last....it's been a ride these past...well, I've been busy. How the hell did I go and get such a socially active life! I HATE people(not at all true)! I do seriously enjoy time alone. I am an introvert at heart. I get recharged when I am alone with my thoughts. I guess it's alright to sit around and eat Doritos and not go do "things" tonight, not hang out with my girlfriend....oh shit. OH SHIT. I never texted her back! WHAT A DICK! Here, listen to this Muzak whilst I do that....................................Muzak can be represented by a line of dots. It's equally as exciting.

Tomorrow! Tomorrow though! I shall be waking up early, eating breakfast with the Missus, and then taking a nice swim and hanging out in the shade here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barton_Springs_Pool And oh, it will be glorious. So, so glorious. I am going to dive down and pretend I am a SCUBA diver diving into a sea cave looking for treasure. Cause that's what it looks like in the deeper parts. With all of the plants and stuff. Looks like a sea cave. But I'm glad it's not really. Sharks scare me. I think about sharks while I am swimming in the rivers and I'm like "Well...there is always Bull Sharks." http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0719_050719_bullsharks_2.html

And nobody wants to be going for a nice relaxing swim, beer in hand, in the Pedernales River only to be so inconsiderately interrupted by gaping wound being opened up on your body by a carnivorous being that SHOULD STAY IN THE OCEAN, YOU DICK. But anyway, Barton Springs tomorrow! Yayyyyyyyy.

misszero Posted: Sat Jul 23 11:35:16 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Honestly, some people seem almost proud to have their minds always in the gutter. Particularly people with penises. Why is that?

I was going to ask 'where would any man be without his shaft?'

I truly believe this is a place of equal opportunity smut-palace.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jul 23 23:22:17 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>Kira said:
>>Honestly, some people seem almost proud to have their minds always in the gutter. Particularly people with penises. Why is that?
>
>I was going to ask 'where would any man be without his shaft?'
>
>I truly believe this is a place of equal opportunity smut-palace.
>
Such a filthy mind you have.
We should do some stuff together.
:-)

Kira Posted: Wed Aug 3 22:36:26 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I prefer Terry Pratchett to Douglas Adams. Such a pity he has Alzheimer's.

It's cooler in the Sahara than it is in North Carolina right now.

Cowboys and Aliens was kind of a disappointment.

I can't believe I'm going to start martial arts classes again tomorrow. I passed "bit off more than you can chew" weeks ago.

But FENCING DAMMIT! J'adore.

sweet p Posted: Fri Aug 5 14:37:39 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hm, I can't remember...Kira, did you move to NY or were you just visiting at the time of your post? I'm visiting next month!

Puck Posted: Fri Aug 5 18:44:47 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>I'm visiting next month!
>
I'll be in NYC Sept 3rd-11th

Kira Posted: Sat Aug 6 21:46:46 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>hm, I can't remember...Kira, did you move to NY or were you just visiting at the time of your post? I'm visiting next month!
>
>

I was just visiting at the time of that post. You'll have to visit again after I move there next April! Make sure to have a dessert from Magnolia Bakery while you're there and if you like live classical music, check out Julliard's calendar of free performances.

Kira Posted: Sat Aug 6 22:45:47 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh my gosh P are you afraid of heights? Go to Trapeze School! It's pricey but everything in NY is and it's soooo fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re_cVJPoR6U

Mesh Posted: Tue Aug 9 01:37:36 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  scared of heights? definitely don't watch this video. definitely don't watch the entire thing. definitely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDNGZVmhkTo

sweet p Posted: Wed Aug 10 12:57:55 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>I'll be in NYC Sept 3rd-11th

Cool, what for and whereabouts?

Kira said:
>You'll have to visit again after I move there next April!

D'oh! Bad timing. Why are you moving? And thanks so much for the tips, I'm pretty excited :)
Is that you in the video?? Don't think I'm going to try flying anytime soon, but if that was you, you're awesome!

Mesh said:
>definitely don't watch this video.

And there wasn't even any sound! Had they included the dude's breathing sounds or wind/ambient sounds, I probably would've thrown up watching that.

Puck Posted: Wed Aug 10 14:54:14 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>Cool, what for and whereabouts?

My bro's 30th b-day. I'll be sleeping in upper Manhattan, but I'm not expecting any boundaries. I have no real agenda yet.

Puck Posted: Wed Aug 10 17:07:23 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My goal is to not eat at any place I've heard of, so I'm google-mapping it street-by-street and looking at all the menus I can find.

sweet p Posted: Wed Aug 10 17:25:42 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've never been, so everything will be new to me! i will be in brooklyn if you fancy a drink :)

Puck Posted: Wed Aug 10 18:18:16 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  3-10. I forgot to save a cool-off/unpack day.

sweet p said:
>i've never been, so everything will be new to me!
Same here

>i will be in brooklyn if you fancy a drink :)

When'll you be there? Me likey drinky.

Kira Posted: Thu Aug 11 10:44:48 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>Why are you moving?

For the adventure.

>Is that you in the video?? Don't think I'm going to try flying anytime soon, but if that was you, you're awesome!

Yep that's me, that was either my fourth or fifth turn up. They really break it down for you so the only hard part is that first little hop off the platform.

Puck said:
>sweet p said:
>>i've never been, so everything will be new to me!
>Same here

You guys are gonna have a great time. :)

sweet p Posted: Thu Aug 11 23:59:04 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>For the adventure.
awesome.

>either my fourth or fifth turn up.
haha! i would've fallen off the bar on that flippy part you did just after the first swing.

>Puck said: drinky
k, i'm going to find you on lamebook and this just may work out :)

Kira Posted: Tue Aug 23 15:54:14 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Felt my first earthquake today. Should I not be delighted by this? 'Cause I am.

Mesh Posted: Tue Aug 23 23:19:20 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira, no significant damage and no deaths. It is A-Okay to be delighted by it.

misszero Posted: Thu Aug 25 11:04:09 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Despite the fact that people actually did die, I am still pissed off I missed the earthquake in my town. In 1989. NOTHING (pretty much) happens in my town, and Australia doesn't really do earthquakes much. We were on summer holidays, and I heard it on a guy's car radio at the pool, and nobody in my family believed me. But hey, guess who was right? Guess who was first to know about Newcastle's earthquake?

(there's a possibility that I was also pissed because my mum wouldn't let me see 'Don't tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead'. Even though that was fairly valid, since I was 4)

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Sep 19 13:52:19 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello ?
Hello ?

Is there anybody out there ?

Kira Posted: Mon Sep 19 19:51:20 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Hif. How ya doin'?

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Sep 20 06:35:13 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm doin' just fine, Deb and I are getting ready to spend a couple of weeks in Fla (Orlando, Key Largo, Key West, St. Augustine) and Savannah Ga. We're driving the whole way. Should be fun.
How you doin' ? (in my best Joey from Friends voice)

Kira Posted: Tue Sep 20 22:39:50 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm doin' all right. I'm downshifting to part-time at work next month and excited at the prospect of actually having some free time again. I'm going to plant a zillion bluebells.

Hope you have fun in Florida!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Sep 22 15:27:49 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I'm doin' all right. I'm downshifting to part-time at work next month and excited at the prospect of actually having some free time again. I'm going to plant a zillion bluebells.
>
>We just planted a zillion mums.

Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 24 00:18:03 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mmmm, planting. Have some okra and peppers growing :) Other things too...those are the ones I am most excited about.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 20 21:32:37 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anyone planning to watch Once Upon a Time this Sunday ?

Kira Posted: Fri Oct 28 00:23:32 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello GT. Just checking in.

Keep the light burning, and all that.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Oct 29 15:23:26 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Hello GT. Just checking in.
>
>
>Keep the light burning, and all that.>
>
Yeah, and don't forget to put the seat down when you're done . . .

Kira Posted: Mon Oct 31 23:21:15 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>>
>Yeah, and don't forget to put the seat down when you're done . . .

Are we comparing GT to a toilet? *Confused*

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 1 06:56:09 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>>
>>Yeah, and don't forget to put the seat down when you're done . . .
>
>
>Are we comparing GT to a toilet? *Confused*>
>
Of course not, it's just a natural response to "we'll leave the light on for ya"

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 1 23:54:36 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>>
>>Are we comparing GT to a toilet? *Confused*>
>>
>Of course not, it's just a natural response to "we'll leave the light on for ya"

I did not know this. Now I do.

Kira Posted: Thu Nov 17 12:47:04 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Holy crackers this thread is six months old and still hasn't been pushed off the front page.

Views from a low-orbit boondoggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=430ykbW1zqA

Pretty spectacular.

mat_j Posted: Tue Nov 22 09:13:35 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who is Dan Thurling?

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 24 11:23:43 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Today is our day of Thanksgiving and I want to wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving and now I will go make a pig of myself while eating some pig and turkey parts and side dishes too numerous to enumerate and desserts that will create a state of euphoria all the while sending me straight to hell because it's soooo good it most certainly has to be sinful.

Oh yeah, Packers Detroit should be one for the ages. Too bad they both can't win, I like 'em both.

Posted: Wed Nov 30 15:07:50 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Oh yeah, Packers Detroit should be one for the ages. Too bad they both can't win, I like 'em both.

Detroit really embarrassed themselves out there :(

Was a sad day for this expat Lions fan.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 30 19:15:12 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Oh yeah, Packers Detroit should be one for the ages. Too bad they both can't win, I like 'em both.
>
>Detroit really embarrassed themselves out there :(
>
>Was a sad day for this expat Lions fan.
>
No worries, they will still be playing postseason this year. After so many lean years, this is a pretty refreshing thing to see.

Kira Posted: Wed Dec 21 13:55:18 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wish I were a glow worm.
A glow worm's never glum.
How can you be grumpy when
The sun shines out your bum?

-Anon

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]