Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Finally dead
mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 23 07:36:41 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think it really is dying in here this time...


 
Puck Posted: Tue Aug 23 14:24:44 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shh! You'll ruin the atmosphere!


 
Kira Posted: Tue Aug 23 15:43:08 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maybe GT is just a relic of the 90s? The golden age was before Myspace, Facebook and Twitter.


 
Mesh Posted: Tue Aug 23 23:15:57 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No!


 
Mesh Posted: Tue Aug 23 23:20:55 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No no no!


 
libra Posted: Wed Aug 24 01:27:48 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *** runs into room, arms flailing ***

Noooooooo!!!




 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 24 15:48:48 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
 
nuthin's dead 'til King Thong says so !


 
mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 25 03:44:29 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol, i feel like i just said, well nobody's playing with these legos so i might as well tidy them away.




 
mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 25 03:46:33 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry that was a massively over casual lol there, not even a hint of irony.

I worry about that kind of thing.


 
misszero Posted: Thu Aug 25 10:58:18 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I work in a thrift store now, and today, for the first time, I had actual anxiety about selling a lady something I wanted to buy myself. And it was Legos. I'm still pretty bummed. Three huge bags of it! Did she need to buy them all??!?! Goddamn that 'no holds'policy, goddamn it to hell.


 
misszero Posted: Thu Aug 25 11:00:19 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maybe we could talk about the weather? I've actually noticed a pretty significant change, anecdotally, in the 2 years I've been in Melbourne. This winter, I didn't bust out my coat AT ALL. That's a bit weird. And this past week, even though its winter here, and this city is renowned for crappy, changeable weather, its been all nice and sunny.

Hrm.


 
mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 25 14:16:20 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I live in Wales, everything comes with rain. It rains 50% of the year. We can smell exactly what type of rain is coming, we know exactly how wet a rain shower will get us we have numerous anecdotes and rhymes involving rain and what it does and when. I've gone through 13 umbrellas in the last 5 years but I've only lost 5 of them. Yet if i go to work with an umbrella it's sunny and if i go to work without it rains. If I'm a smart arse about it then the rain finds a way of catching me when I'm away from my umbrella. The rain always wins.

Someone asked me the other day if i was South Walian to which i replied yes.

He replied tidy!(welsh patois for amazing) "South Walian vs Predator!", which I liked.

Bel you can be the sequel New South Walian vs Predator.

What the hell were they thinking when they named where you are from after where I'm from???


 
Ahriman Posted: Thu Aug 25 17:47:29 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Heeeeeyah! Been in the bush for a while. Salmon run has been amazing. Best day I had I caught 19 humpies, 6 keta and 3 coho. I'm covered in bruises and cuts. All my clothes have that wet weather smell. I haven't had to fire the Mossberg many times. Mostly black bears and moose, not too many grizzlies. Though there was the group of campers that got mauled about 45 miles away. 4 of 'em in the hospital. Auroras have been dancing in the new darkness. Nice to see the stars again. Looking forward to winter. Going down to the coast and into a lower mountain range(latitude wise). Best to ya all and I hope someone gets the brass to fly up here and stay with me for some adventure. Love to the GTers. :D


 
Puck Posted: Thu Aug 25 18:17:21 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>I work in a thrift store now, and today, for the first time, I had actual anxiety about selling a lady something I wanted to buy myself. And it was Legos. I'm still pretty bummed. Three huge bags of it! Did she need to buy them all??!?! Goddamn that 'no holds'policy, goddamn it to hell.

I've got a fairly large bin of all my legos that I've been reluctant to give to my sister's kids. I think that by the time they're old enough to appreciate them and not eat them, I'll be ready to share.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 25 21:05:15 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Heeeeeyah! Been in the bush for a while. Salmon run has been amazing. Best day I had I caught 19 humpies, 6 keta and 3 coho. I'm covered in bruises and cuts. All my clothes have that wet weather smell. I haven't had to fire the Mossberg many times. Mostly black bears and moose, not too many grizzlies. Though there was the group of campers that got mauled about 45 miles away. 4 of 'em in the hospital. Auroras have been dancing in the new darkness. Nice to see the stars again. Looking forward to winter. Going down to the coast and into a lower mountain range(latitude wise). Best to ya all and I hope someone gets the brass to fly up here and stay with me for some adventure. Love to the GTers. :D
Sounds awesome ! I definitely envious.



 
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 25 21:06:06 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Ahriman said:
>>Heeeeeyah! Been in the bush for a while. Salmon run has been amazing. Best day I had I caught 19 humpies, 6 keta and 3 coho. I'm covered in bruises and cuts. All my clothes have that wet weather smell. I haven't had to fire the Mossberg many times. Mostly black bears and moose, not too many grizzlies. Though there was the group of campers that got mauled about 45 miles away. 4 of 'em in the hospital. Auroras have been dancing in the new darkness. Nice to see the stars again. Looking forward to winter. Going down to the coast and into a lower mountain range(latitude wise). Best to ya all and I hope someone gets the brass to fly up here and stay with me for some adventure. Love to the GTers. :D
>Sounds awesome ! I definitely envious.
>
Insert "am" between the I and definitely.


 
Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 25 21:35:00 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In central TX. It's fucking hot and dry.

I believe it it God's way of punishing this state for Rick Perry.


 
Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 25 21:39:57 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman, do not tempt me. I grow tired of the city and society a little more each day. Yearning, longing to be out in nature. *sigh*


My woman's the only thing keeping me here. Should something happen with that..well...adios, City! Mr. Mesh'll be going away for a while.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Aug 26 06:54:29 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mesh said:
>In central TX. It's fucking hot and dry.
>
>I believe it it God's way of punishing this state for Rick Perry.
>
More likely for Sheila Jackson Lee.


 
Kira Posted: Fri Aug 26 12:04:51 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's still bloody hot here most of the time but with sporadic Autumn-like weather for 24 hours or so and then back to HOT AND SUMMERY.

Hurricane coverage is driving me crazy. Would be one thing if I lived on the coast, but I don't. OH HORRORS IT'S GOING TO RAIN A LITTLE MORE THAN USUAL.


 
Kira Posted: Fri Aug 26 12:08:04 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A bit more yelling in that post than I intended, begging your pardons.


 
misszero Posted: Sat Aug 27 08:08:52 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I pictured the sneakiest rain cloud following you around mat, just waiting for the right moment to strike. I actually giggled at the images I got from "catches me away from my umbrella" Tee hee hee


 
libra Posted: Sat Aug 27 18:03:34 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I feel bad when talking to other people about weather. Northern California is pretty much perfect weather-wise. We still get seasons, but they're not harsh at all.




 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Aug 27 22:44:03 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I feel bad when talking to other people about weather. Northern California is pretty much perfect weather-wise. We still get seasons, but they're not harsh at all.
>
You get the earthquakes. That's like the worst weather ever !


 
Posted: Sun Aug 28 16:16:45 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I live in the goddam desert. fucking peachy.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 28 18:40:41 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>I live in the goddam desert. fucking peachy.
>
Do they really have a horse with no name ?


 
choke Posted: Sun Aug 28 18:47:02 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hah, I've been covered in a faint sheen of sweat for the past two/three months. When exerted, that sheen becomes a river.

But yeah I've been reading Bill Bryson and now I'm fairly convinced that if meteors and debri don't get us, a fluctuation in the earth's temperature will.

Mat, you opened the forum with the first post didn't you? Only fitting you should close it. What was it like at the start? Did you get a response right away or was it silent for months before another person replied? You know, that's kindof cool. If I went to a website and there was just one post up, I probably would have moved on. Seems incredible that people kept joining ne. What was your first post about?


 
libra Posted: Mon Aug 29 01:06:33 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>libra said:
>>I feel bad when talking to other people about weather. Northern California is pretty much perfect weather-wise. We still get seasons, but they're not harsh at all.
>>
>You get the earthquakes. That's like the worst weather ever !

They really aren't as big a deal as everyone makes them out to be.
They don't happen every year (if anything, its like once every 100 years that a bad one hits), and other than that, we have nothing bad. Once in a while it rains a whole bunch and there's a little flooding.


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 30 10:06:37 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dammit! dammit dammit just wrote a long reply to Chokes post about GT history charting what i remember about the early days, my first post, the rise of the GT heavy hitters, the great GT war when someone offended someone on another site by reposting without crediting and how we drove them away. The deaths, the disappearances, the roles and the vices.

I can't be bothered to type this out again!!


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 30 10:07:56 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  (There was an internet error that destroyed it BTW)


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 30 10:13:50 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A quick glance at my early postings has given me a quick glimpse into many GTers who didn't make it.

Chatelayne
Bubette
Asswipe
Sarah
Christophe.


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 30 10:20:31 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anyone remember the great GT earthquake that wiped out all our postings too?


 
kurohyou Posted: Tue Aug 30 20:04:11 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Funny thing. I have been lurking for some time. Consider posting from time to time. Needing some intellectual conversation and its hard to find that some times.

Kids are in school. Breeze and I have been traveling a lot this year. We jumped out of a plane the other day. That was freaking awesome.

I am trying to get a job closer to where I live and its proving difficult. Considering a career change. Thinking it may be time to let someone else hold the line against the thugs and ruffians. Getting a little tired of my daughter asking me not to get murdered at work.

But at the same time. I enjoy my job and I've very good at it. Guess we'll see.

Its been a good year though so far.




 
kurohyou Posted: Tue Aug 30 20:04:49 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Funny thing. I have been lurking for some time. Consider posting from time to time. Needing some intellectual conversation and its hard to find that some times.
>
>Kids are in school. Breeze and I have been traveling a lot this year. We jumped out of a plane the other day. That was freaking awesome.
>
>I am trying to get a job closer to where I live and its proving difficult. Considering a career change. Thinking it may be time to let someone else hold the line against the thugs and ruffians. Getting a little tired of my daughter asking me not to get murdered at work.
>
>But at the same time. I enjoy my job and I've very good at it. Guess we'll see.
>
>Its been a good year though so far.
>
>

For what it's worth...

:)


 
beetlebum Posted: Tue Aug 30 21:57:08 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In the last four weeks I have been in Palm Beach FL, Palm Springs CA, Dallas TX (this week) and a tiny town in North Carolina.

I don't think I've had one week when it hasn't been well above 100 no matter the town I find myself in for work.

Blech. I'm looking forward to holiday because it will be nice and cool. I'm so over summer.


 
Kira Posted: Tue Aug 30 23:28:11 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hehehe Tiffany said "ne."


 
Kira Posted: Tue Aug 30 23:32:20 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>In the last four weeks I have been in Palm Beach FL, Palm Springs CA, Dallas TX (this week) and a tiny town in North Carolina.
>

Which tiny town?


 
sweet p Posted: Wed Aug 31 13:41:10 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I too, am guilty of the lurk. (hi!)

I genuinely enjoy discussing the weather..does that make me a banal conversationalist? :(
The seasons (and their weather) affect so much of what I do, mostly because of how I feel. Sure it's a safe go-to topic for many people in awkward situations, but if I talk to you about the weather just know it's not because I don't like you :)


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 31 19:47:32 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>I too, am guilty of the lurk. (hi!)
>
I knew it ! I could feel you were out there.



 
choke Posted: Thu Sep 1 08:02:06 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Dammit! dammit dammit just wrote a long reply to Chokes post about GT history charting what i remember about the early days, my first post, the rise of the GT heavy hitters, the great GT war when someone offended someone on another site by reposting without crediting and how we drove them away. The deaths, the disappearances, the roles and the vices.
>
>I can't be bothered to type this out again!!

Oh no Mat that sucks! It sounded like it was going to be the best reply ever and totally what I was interested in knowing!! What a pain in the ass.





Also yes, Kira, I barely noticed but I'm getting to the point where my sentences don't feel full without Japanese tags of intent :P

Man I haven't had a good DBFing in awhile. Feels good! Almost want to go archive hunting!


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Sep 1 20:11:31 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I lurk all the time but can never think of anything to say. I'm not into social networking sites. you sort of need to have a social life to make it a worthwhile hobby (spending hours on those sites that is).




 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]