Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Absolute load of crap
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 31 19:46:36 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/31/obama-steps-on-gop-debate-with-jobs-speech/

choke Posted: Thu Sep 1 07:59:46 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hif I told my American friend that next time we are on a long drive together she is to explain your lands politics to me. Watch this space.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Sep 1 09:51:12 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>hif I told my American friend that next time we are on a long drive together she is to explain your lands politics to me. Watch this space.
>
OK but take lots of notes so you can explain it me as well.
:-)

Posted: Thu Sep 1 10:36:10 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The load of crap is that he was asked to move the date. Boehner was advised of the date before it was made public: "White House confirms to TPM that Boehner was consulted before the date and time of jobs speech was announced" -TPM.

The only thing that's ridiculous about this is that they had the balls to ask him to move his speech to NFL Kickoff night. It would seem to me that this is a move to lower the significance of anything the president could have to say.

And, frankly, I've learned not to give a shit about politics, but I do give a shit about branding and about marketing. That's what pisses me off the most about the GOP action here.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Sep 1 12:04:33 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>The load of crap is that he was asked to move the date. Boehner was advised of the date before it was made public: "White House confirms to TPM that Boehner was consulted before the date and time of jobs speech was announced" -TPM.
>
>The only thing that's ridiculous about this is that they had the balls to ask him to move his speech to NFL Kickoff night. It would seem to me that this is a move to lower the significance of anything the president could have to say.
>
>And, frankly, I've learned not to give a shit about politics, but I do give a shit about branding and about marketing. That's what pisses me off the most about the GOP action here.
>
Actually he was NOT consulted before the announcement was made. A letter was delivered to his office 15 mins before they made their announcement.
That does not constitute a "consulting" to me. This defied over a century of tradition and really smacks of amateur politics. No way this date was coincidence as Mr. Carney expects us all to believe.
Since Obama has agreed to Boehner's request, one would have to agree that they were in the wrong here.
As far as this lowering the significance of anything the president could have to say, I don't think that's possible, since we all know this is going to be just another spending bill.
BRING ON THE FOOTBALL SEASON !

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]