Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Great Garvey Galavants
Ahriman Posted: Mon Oct 17 19:39:34 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey GTers, here's the latest from yours truly.

I left the lodge in Talkeetna mid September. Season done. Another contract completed with excellent marks. Did the deep clean. Had the drinks, handshakes and hugs. Been travelin' all over Alaska since. Went down to the Kenai. Slept on the Homer spit. Damn! That's some wind. Spent some time with a buddy in Seward. Hiked a Glacier. Been dealing with Bears, Moose, Porcupines, Bald Eagles, Ravens, etc. I sleep every night with a loaded 12 gauge (Mossberg 500, collapseable stock, pistol grip) in the back of the Xterra. Finished off a few excellent books. Just jumped into Cosmos by Carl Sagan. Wow! What a read! Been practicing knots(always a good skill). Getting good with a harmonica. Been fishing out Graylings and Rainbow Trouts (Did manage to get a late Coho). The weather has been up and down. Currently situated in Girdwood, Alaska. The official ski town of the state. Trying to get a job. Not an easy feat by any means but I have faith in my resume and references. I've never been fired from a job and all my past employers want to hire me back at better positions so maybe the new ones will take that into consideration. I'm hoping to get a sous chef position at the local resort. They serve Snake River Farms Wagyu (American Kobe) steaks. So good they can legally serve it raw. Unfortunatelly, nobody intends to interview for at least another week. With the job search going on I felt it good to trim the beard down a bit. Still a true beard but it's not so maniacal anymore. The hair is below the chest and that conch piercing I got early season is still needing a lot of tending to. Regrettably, I don't think I'm going to be able to get my next tattoo I want till at least February with my finances being as tight as they are. I've got more than enough to survive on but I'm no dumbski. Girdwood has offered quite the interesting stock of people. Been walkin' around and introducing myself to as many people as I can. Doin' the typical Garvey/Irish thing. Boy howdy does this town love their pooches. They are everywhere. No leashes and rarely an owner. I hope I can adopt a pooch this winter. Lots of Huskies up here. I'm very thankful for the the bottomless $2 coffee at the local coffee shop (The Grind) and the beautiful library with its excellent internet connection. I'm also very thankful for Chugach National Forest and it's still open campgrounds with bathroom facilities. Even though I'm sleeping in an avalanche zone, it's really nice havin' a toilet. Overall, I'm good. Still healthy. Making friends. Halloween is just around the corner. Probably going to be a Pirate. I'm staying hydrated, dry and warm(ish). Best to all you in the land 'o' GT. I'll try to update when I can. Later People!

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Oct 18 17:01:05 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sounds like you're living life large ! Keep it up, take a lot of notes and write a book when you're ready. Be sure to include a few recipes.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]