Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Checking In. Where are you all at?
Aeon Posted: Wed Dec 21 18:46:24 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's been some time since I've checked in. I just want to know what everyone is up to. Is Libra married? Is Addison still cheeky? Is hif still republican?


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 21 22:49:45 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't think Libra is married but I am quite sure she is still gorgeous.

Addi is still cheeky and probably on a date with a sheep tonight, albeit a very cute sheep I'm sure. He likes them really wooly in the wintertime.

Hif is still a Republican/Tea Party conservative Limbaugh Army soldier.

How are you Aeon ?


 
boondock743 Posted: Tue Dec 27 23:51:27 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My life has taken a big turn for the worse


 
Puck Posted: Tue Jan 3 18:58:48 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  total shite


 
Kira Posted: Tue Jan 3 22:22:40 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aw, cheer up guys.

Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown,
And things seem hard or tough
And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft
And you feel that you've had quite enough....

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
A sun that is the source of all our power.
The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see
Are moving at a million miles a day
In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.
Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.
We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
We go 'round every two hundred million years,
And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.


 
Puck Posted: Wed Jan 4 21:48:27 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.


 
mat_j Posted: Mon Jan 9 03:43:55 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hallo there Aeon old boy!

I'm still alive and in the magical land of Wales.

I'm pretty important here now. about 0.8 million of the 2.8 million people here have joined an army to put me on the throne. We crossed the Dyfi into Machynlleth, seat of the old rebel prince Owain Glyndwr last week where our New Years accords were drafted.

A forward band of warriors managed to capture one of the Welsh Senedd's main champions Leighton Andrews AM for Rhondda Cynon Taff whilst trying to ford the river Teifi with his retinue at Strata Florida Abbey.

I'm also in talks with leader of Plaid Cymru Ieuan Wyn Jones about bringing his Welsh irregulars in but only if he gives Leanne Wood control of the party upon his retirement.

It's a savage game but we're doing well.


 
choke Posted: Tue Jan 10 17:59:49 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow long time! I'm still here, a bit of a DBFer now. Just turned 23, still in Japan, will be until August, then going to NZ to probably study more. Going to enrol in some rehabilitation papers (studying, not receiving) just because they look interesting and see where that goes. If they go nowhere I'll probably do a thesis on advertising and sell my soul haha. But until then... Teaching kiddies that pronouncing R's is wrong and that Americans have their vowels all back to front :)


 
boondock743 Posted: Thu Jan 12 15:57:42 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Aw, cheer up guys.
>
>Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown,
>And things seem hard or tough
>And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft
>And you feel that you've had quite enough....
>
>Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
>And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
>That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
>A sun that is the source of all our power.
>The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see
>Are moving at a million miles a day
>In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
>Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.
>Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
>It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
>It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
>But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.
>We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
>We go 'round every two hundred million years,
>And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
>In this amazing and expanding universe.
>
>The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
>In all of the directions it can whizz
>As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
>Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
>So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
>How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
>And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
>'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.


Ha, that's pretty good.


 
Puck Posted: Thu Jan 12 18:41:04 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  boondock743 said:
>Ha, that's pretty good

Yeah, Eric Idle is the man, fo' shizzle


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Jan 15 11:28:29 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Life is harder than I thought it would be currently. But I'm hoping that by summer I'll sort of have my shit together. School is starting back up on Tuesday and I've got the exciting time of trying to get back and forth without asking everybody I know for a ride everyday.

Other than that, I've not had the best of winter breaks and even worse start of the year. I've been out of work for a year now and things are now getting dire.


 
mat_j Posted: Fri Jan 20 10:54:37 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It appears my conquest has worked, though many lay dead we are now an official country (please ignore the propaganda denying my involvement in the story).

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/01/20/wales-finally-meets-the-standard-to-be-known-as-a-country-91466-30160843/#sitelife-commentsWidget-bottom


 
libra Posted: Tue Jan 24 22:10:05 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon!!

Hi!!

Not married. In a long distance relationship, working in Palo Alto, generally good.

How are YOU?!




 
Aeon Posted: Fri Jan 27 09:07:53 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Aeon!!
>
>Hi!!
>
>Not married. In a long distance relationship, working in Palo Alto, generally good.
>
>How are YOU?!
>
>


I'm good. Have a 2 1/2 year old son I've raised, slowly turning him into the eventual ruler of this world.

Other than that haven't really been up to much.


 
simonvii2 Posted: Tue Feb 7 01:51:18 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow, I'm checking in here for the first time in probably eight years or so and I'm literally speechless to find many of you still here. You all were great to talk to during some strange times in my life. Nice to see you're still around!


 
simonvii2 Posted: Tue Feb 7 01:52:21 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii2 said:
>Wow, I'm checking in here for the first time in probably eight years or so and I'm literally speechless to find many of you still here. You all were great to talk to during some strange times in my life. Nice to see you're still around!

(I used to post under simonvii, but my old username isn't working for me so I created a new one.)

How's life?


 
choke Posted: Tue Feb 7 05:05:30 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow! I remember you! Hope you're well. What brings you?


 
Kira Posted: Tue Feb 21 19:04:41 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Moving to New York in eleven days! LOL so scared that city's going to eat me alive.


 
Puck Posted: Tue Feb 21 22:06:24 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>stuff

No way, man. As long as you can afford it, there's no preferable escape.

If I wasn't enjoying living near my sister and her kids, and the fact that I would expect to work 50hr/wk to survive out there, I'd have followed my brother up there already.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Feb 21 23:30:14 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Moving to New York in eleven days! LOL so scared that city's going to eat me alive.
>
No prob, I can see you grabbing that city by the balls and forcing it to do your bidding.
:)


 
Kira Posted: Wed Feb 22 10:29:08 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Kira said:
>>stuff
>
>No way, man. As long as you can afford it, there's no preferable escape.
>
>If I wasn't enjoying living near my sister and her kids, and the fact that I would expect to work 50hr/wk to survive out there, I'd have followed my brother up there already.

Yeah, as soon as I start working I may very well cease to exist on the internets. Probably be too exhausted when I get home to do anything but eat, ealk the dog, email and go to bed.


>Kira said:
>>Moving to New York in eleven days! LOL so scared that city's going to eat me alive.
>>
>No prob, I can see you grabbing that city by the balls and forcing it to do your bidding.
>:)

Haha thanks Hif. If I can arrive somewhere in between being eaten alive and grabbing the city by the balls I'll be satisfied.


 
Puck Posted: Wed Feb 22 13:56:18 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Yeah, as soon as I start working I may very well cease to exist on the internets. Probably be too exhausted when I get home to do anything but eat, ealk the dog, email and go to bed.

God, I hate ealking the dogs. They always struggle and it ruins everything...



....Wait, what?! lolz


 
kurohyou Posted: Wed Feb 22 23:00:39 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Moving to New York in eleven days! LOL so scared that city's going to eat me alive.

Just came back from a weekend in NYC. Freaking awesome place. Awesome pace, awesome experience. Though I've been before this time was just a lot of fun. We did see Ground Zero and the new towers they are constructing. Also had some awesome food and dining experiences. Depending on where you are. Cafe Orlin in the East Village. Tunsian Eggs. Trust me. They were amazing.

I always think of one of the opening scenes from "On the Town" when I think of New York. Old School movie with super young Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. Just plain fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDJ9rhYNXU

New York, New York, it's a wonderful town.
The Bronx is up, but the Battery's down.
The people ride in a hole in the groun'.
New York, New York, it's a wonderful town!!

Enjoy yourself.

For what it's worth...


 
Puck Posted: Thu Feb 23 07:28:05 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anyone who hasn't already, should go see the movie Shame. There's a scene where the main character's sister sings my favorite non-ska rendition of New York, New York (youtube it). But there's like a hundred shots of Michael Fassbender's penis, so be ready for that. Obviously it's not in that same scene....


We actually found Ground Zero by accident. We were trying to shuffle our way to Chinatown, looked up and there was a whole lot of no towers.


 
Ahriman Posted: Wed Feb 29 19:32:19 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Over 600 inches of Snow here in Girdwood, Alaska...


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Feb 29 23:03:14 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Over 600 inches of Snow here in Girdwood, Alaska...
>
mmmmmm. . . . Bet you got a great recipe for snow cream !


 
choke Posted: Thu Mar 1 01:56:20 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just tried to "like" Puck's post.

Obviously I need to wean off the facebook


 
Puck Posted: Thu Mar 1 02:52:17 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I just tried to "like" Puck's post.
>
>Obviously I need to wean off the facebook

*like*


 
Puck Posted: Thu Mar 1 02:58:40 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Which one, Choke? "Whole lot of no towers"? "penis penis penis"? "Ealking dogs"?


Don't be a weaner!


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 20 05:51:56 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Choke, i tried to like your post talking about liking his!!

In other news, in accordance with my previous post, Plaid Cymru (The Welsh Party)seem to have capitulated and my favourite (and outsider of the leadership race) has won...

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Outsider-Leanne-Wood-wins-Plaid-leadership-race/story-15523713-detail/story.html

This means i have the support of the irregulars and am free to march my armies on Swansea thus securing most of the south and west of Wales as well as my bastions in Cardiff thus putting half our cities under my control. I should be in charge by the end of the year!!


 
libra Posted: Wed Mar 21 01:29:38 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mat -
Have you read the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde?


 
mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 27 04:06:18 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I read the Big Over Easy by him and I couldn't really get into it, is it part of that series?




 
libra Posted: Sun Apr 1 23:01:51 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey - No, they're way better than the Nursery Crime Series. They have certain similarities, but Thursday Next is much cleverer.



 
misszero Posted: Mon Apr 2 06:51:17 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Mat -
>Have you read the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde?

I just finished the frst Shades of Grey. I was slow getting into it, but then I tumbled down a hole, and stayed up very very late to finish it.


 
Mesher Posted: Sun Apr 22 11:47:24 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am here! It is Mesh. I forgot my password :( The email I used has been long since out of service, I had to create a new account.


 
Kira Posted: Sun Apr 22 18:12:24 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I rely so much on muscle memory to type my password, I have to think a minute to actually remember what it is. I wonder how long it takes muscles to forget things?


 
Puck Posted: Thu Apr 26 19:33:18 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Even though Chrome keeps my passwords nowadays, I still remember it because it's the original gt-issued password.


 
mistermaroon Posted: Mon May 14 05:32:06 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm still lurking around. :)

hmmm... what's new.

i'm currently teaching production for visual effects in a polytechnic right now.

will be going to savannah, georgia for a year to study in late 2013 or early 2014. anyone near there?

I will also be dropping by norway. any norwegian friends in here?


 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon May 14 07:23:07 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mistermaroon said:
>I'm still lurking around. :)
>
>hmmm... what's new.
>
>i'm currently teaching production for visual effects in a polytechnic right now.
>
>will be going to savannah, georgia for a year to study in late 2013 or early 2014. anyone near there?
>
>I will also be dropping by norway. any norwegian friends in here?
>
Just got back from vacationing in Savannah. It's a very beautiful city.
And apparently very much haunted by ghosts if you're into that sort of thing.



 
Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 16 01:50:38 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii2 said:
>Wow, I'm checking in here for the first time in probably eight years or so and I'm literally speechless to find many of you still here. You all were great to talk to during some strange times in my life. Nice to see you're still around!


I.....I remember! This is great! More of this. Much more of this.


 
Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 16 01:54:21 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mesher said:
>I am here! It is Mesh. I forgot my password :( The email I used has been long since out of service, I had to create a new account.


Up way later than I usually stay up, cruising news websites, thoughts so far from this place you could almost claim I'd forgotten it, when suddenly, out of nowhere, BAM. Password just hits me. "Oh my GOD! I remember! I have to go there RIGHT NOW."


Anyhow, Kira, holy crap. How is NY?


 
Kira Posted: Fri Aug 17 12:09:26 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mesh said:
>
>
>Anyhow, Kira, holy crap. How is NY?

New York is fantastic. It's hot and there's people EVERYWHERE. Still living in an overpriced apartment with two roommates who smoke but am both too lazy and too busy to move. Got a new job at animal control, and may be starting work as a private dog trainer before the end of the year. Between work and day-to-day necessities I haven't had much time to explore the city, but lately I've been more concerned with spending time with the new beau, which mostly consists of staying in because we are both so very poor. Still loving the amazing melting pot that is NYC. I overhear at least four different languages on a walk to the subway, I live with an Irish actress who dyes her hair red to look more ethnic, and my new bff is a Vietnamese cross dresser from South Carolina. I love the super friendly people who want to tell me their stories and the surly people who make the friendly people that much more awesome and the wide-eyed tourists who are constantly blocking the sidwalks when I'm in a hurry and the hipsters who try so hard to look cool that they just look silly. The only thing that could make this city any more awesome is if there were a little more green and you could see the stars at night, but other than that it's freaking amazing.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]