Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Money question.
mat_j Posted: Thu Jan 19 05:09:29 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Preamble:
Something something something online conversation, something something questions about respective earnings, something something salaries, something something query to you guys...

Is $24,000.00 (USD) a year a decent salary? Is it the kind of money a family could survive on or would it be tight? I'm never sure about yous guys costs of living/taxes/etc.

mat_j Posted: Thu Jan 19 05:12:10 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There are several reasons i ask, one of the main ones is that it seems a lot of cash because if you changed that dolalr sign to pounds it would be a bloody decent wage for an ordinary person.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jan 19 11:32:28 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>There are several reasons i ask, one of the main ones is that it seems a lot of cash because if you changed that dolalr sign to pounds it would be a bloody decent wage for an ordinary person.
>
It really depends on where you live.
The cost of living is extremely varied here in the US, but 24K would be at the lower end of the wage scale for a family of 4. They could make it, but it would be tight. For the average wage earner, that would translate to approx 18K after payroll taxes.

Puck Posted: Thu Jan 19 20:34:03 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I roughly make that much. After $50ish to taxes and another $50 to med insurance, I get away with $350ish/wk. Solo, I can push that pretty far. Were I to be supporting a litter, it would be pretty tight.

libra Posted: Tue Jan 24 22:15:32 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In the area I live in, 24K would be crazy hard for me to get by on, certainly not enough for a couple or a family.

simonvii2 Posted: Tue Feb 7 01:56:49 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Preamble:
>Something something something online conversation, something something questions about respective earnings, something something salaries, something something query to you guys...
>
>Is $24,000.00 (USD) a year a decent salary? Is it the kind of money a family could survive on or would it be tight? I'm never sure about yous guys costs of living/taxes/etc.
>
>

I think the median income is somewhere around $35,000 per year, so $24,000 is obviously below that. Depends on your lifestyle how well you can live on it. Around where I live that's about someone who works full time in a clothing store at the mall would make, if that helps to know.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]