Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Hi everyone!
Mesh Posted: Wed Jul 17 00:42:53 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hellooooo! If you happen to stop in, please do say hi.

I'm just curious as to how many of the old regulars still check in, and how often.

I miss you all.

Mesh Posted: Wed Jul 17 00:49:23 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just realized, that two days ago was my 10 year anniversary with signing up here.

Wow.

Wow....

That kind of boggles my mind. I've been having a hard time lately grappling with how quickly time is moving forward. Without my consent. Especially the last year or so. It's really been a big blur of sickness and depression for me. But I take solace in the fact that I haven't turned to alcohol to get me through, as I'd done so many times in the past.

beetlebum Posted: Mon Jul 29 19:40:51 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Mesh! I'm still around. I check like once a month. I keep dreading the day when the site is no more.

I'm sorry to hear that the last year has been rough. But I guess sometimes time inevitably marching on is what gives us hope that we can change.

mat_j Posted: Tue Jul 30 08:00:40 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey brothers and sisters,

It's been a while but i still check in time to time, not much this year though.

Keep the home fires burning y'hear, I miss the ones of you that don't do the social media thing.

xx

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 30 20:32:23 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hoooorrraaaaayyyyyyyy, people!

Thanks Beetlebum. :) I actually have an interview tomorrow for a job, so woo hoo! I'd be making 60% less than I was at my previous job(the company closed down, that's why I'm unemployed), but at this point, I just want some place I need to be every day. Tasks that people depend on me to complete, people I can interact with. I enjoy solitude immensely but honestly, the last five months of being alone in my house for the majority of the day every day has been really taxing. And on top of that, 4 of those months were spent being unable to even do simple tasks*, so I've just been feeling alone and useless and worthless. As far as the pay goes, well, it's a lot less than I was making at my previous job, but...it's still more than I've been making for the last 5 months, which is $0, so... it'll be nice to at least have some income. My wife doesn't make THAT much money haha.

What've you been up to, beetlebum? If you don't mind my asking, of course.

And you, mat?

* My thyroid stopped working at all entirely. Normally hypothyroidism doesn't get nearly so bad, but my thyroid stopped working altogether and when I started to feel bad I first attributed it to just getting older and the weight that I was suddenly gaining, and when I got even worse I then became afraid I had something serious like cancer...and...stupidly avoided going to the Doctor because I as too afraid to face what I thought I had. By the time I finally went I was to the point where I was having trouble doing simple things like walking across the house, putting on my shoes and socks, doing a small load of dishes, holding the phone up to my ear for more than about a minute, et cetera. My TSH(hormone produced by the pituitary gland to stimulate the thyroid into producing thyroid hormone. It's how they gauge thyroid function. The higher the TSH, the less thyroid hormone is being produced) level at the time I visited was over 150, a TSH level of 2-5 is considered normal. My doctor was very worried and told me I was approaching the beginning of myxedema coma and/or heart failure. Got started on medication, but it took from February up until around mid last month(June) to get my hormone levels right and for the symptoms of severe hypothyroidism to subside. It took so long because they were worried about the stress on my heart by placing me on too high of a hormone dosage after a prolonged period of complete absence of the hormone, so they started me out at a small dosage and gradually increased it.

beetlebum Posted: Tue Aug 13 22:05:19 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Geez Mesh! I'm sorry to hear about that-- that sounds very, very stressful but I'm glad that you are on the mend, for real.

Me, I'm just chugging along. I'm doing well at work, travelling to Hilton Head every week for my consulting gig. I was working in Dallas every week up to a few months ago, and I'm glad that I'm no longer going there all of the time-- Texas is wonderful, but I'm a Midwest girl at heart. I think by next year I'll take something with less travel, but I'm enjoying it for now. I'm headed to England in a few weeks to witness my best friend getting married, and I'm stoked about that.

I guess overall life is pretty good. I am training for a marathon in Napa next year which is kicking my butt but I'm enjoying it; I'm running it with my sister, and we are training together, so that has been really great. I have never, ever, ever been a runner, so it's definitely taking me out of my comfort zone.

There's always the bad/sad stuff in life, too, but all of it is manageable.

Thank you for asking. :)

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Aug 17 23:29:11 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello folks !

Kira Posted: Wed Aug 21 11:25:14 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello! Wow, I honestly expected there to be no activity since I last came here.

I came because I realized it was Jason's birthday last week. YES, I still remember the date, NO, it's not weird...

Things are a little rough, I'm working 50+ hours a week at a high-stress job and haven't got much time for anything else, but I'm plotting my escape. NYC is still a cool place to live. I'm considering taking up vlogging? I don't know exactly why.

Mesh, I'm glad you're on the mend! Next time don't wait so long to see a doctor!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 22 21:53:55 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello Kira, with all those hours you are working, have you had time for a love life ? Got a boyfriend or a girlfriend yet ?
What kind of work are you doing ?

Mesh Posted: Fri Aug 23 19:14:43 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yaaaayyyyyyyy people!!!

Beetlebum, what kind of consulting do you do?

And training for a marathon. Congrats! That's something I'd like to do once I get back into some semblance of physical fitness. Or at least a half marathon.

Hif! Hi! I hope you are well :) How is life treating you?

Kira! Hi! To second hif's question, what kind of work are you doing? I'm sorry it's so stressful! Hopefully it gets better.

And I'm well enough on the mend that I think I'm more or less completely back to normal. That interview that I had "tomorrow", that I mentioned up-thread, well, I got the job. It's a massive pay cut from my last job, but a major pay boost from the in-between-job months. It's really hard work, physically. Kicking my ass back in to shape a day at a time. The people are nice enough, so it'll do just fine for now.

Very glad to see ya'll :)

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 25 00:03:43 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mesh said:
>Yaaaayyyyyyyy people!!!
>
>Beetlebum, what kind of consulting do you do?
>
>And training for a marathon. Congrats! That's something I'd like to do once I get back into some semblance of physical fitness. Or at least a half marathon.
>
>
>Hif! Hi! I hope you are well :) How is life treating you?
>
I'm doing quite well, thanks for asking. Retirement is nice and I'm getting a new hip in January. Glad to hear that you are doing well too.
>
>Kira! Hi! To second hif's question, what kind of work are you doing? I'm sorry it's so stressful! Hopefully it gets better.
>
>
>And I'm well enough on the mend that I think I'm more or less completely back to normal. That interview that I had "tomorrow", that I mentioned up-thread, well, I got the job. It's a massive pay cut from my last job, but a major pay boost from the in-between-job months. It's really hard work, physically. Kicking my ass back in to shape a day at a time. The people are nice enough, so it'll do just fine for now.
>
>
>Very glad to see ya'll :)

Kira Posted: Sat Aug 31 23:33:15 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Hello Kira, with all those hours you are working, have you had time for a love life ? Got a boyfriend or a girlfriend yet ?
>What kind of work are you doing ?

Getting this job is what pushed me and my ex over the edge and finally decide to break up. Our schedules are completely out of sync now and our compatibility was questionable to begin with. I miss him like all hell and he still accidentally calls me babe over instant message.

So no, I have no time for a love life. F#ck you, gainful employment.

The work I am doing is counseling adopters at the local animal shelter. It isn't glamorous but it pays the rent and bills and then some, so no complaints there. The adoption department is new though, adoptions used to go through customer care on the first floor, so the adoptions is understaffed, disorganized, and completely overwhelmed. So ugh.

But I'm glad you guys are still here. :)

laurajordan Posted: Wed Nov 26 07:52:26 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am Laura, working in a research and development department of a well known pharmaceutical company. As I am in the field since long, I have knowledge about various medicines. Through this website I wish to share the same with your readers. I hope it would educate you about the usage of medicines...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]