Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Still here
Kira Posted: Sun Oct 20 00:21:13 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yo.

Wachoo guys talkin' about out there in the great elsewhere?

Mesh Posted: Sat Oct 26 14:01:59 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Kira!

How are you doing? Have any Halloween plans?

I'm talkin' 'bout getting a new job. Because the one I started at a couple of months ago just is not utilizing my intelligence and skills. Also, the pay is degrading and insulting.

Halloween plans on my end include going to my sister's house for a fourth annual Epic Halloween Party. They do it up right, I tell you what. I have no idea what I'll be. I went as Michael Myers last year. It was a success, many people were uncomfortable and freaked out by my get-up. I'd consider doing the same this year, but the extra large coveralls I got last year were already a big tight, and well...I've gained some weight since then, soo.....

Anyhow Kira, I hope you are well! I hope NY is treating you with the respect and kindness you so absolutely deserve, and I hope you're enjoying the Autumn season.

Kira Posted: Wed Oct 30 00:50:59 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Mesh!

While you're getting a new job can you get me one too? Preferably one with NORMAL hours so I'm not at work while most everyone else is enjoying their weekend.

For the first time in my adult life I am living somewhere that may get trick-or-treaters. I am damn well staying home and passing out candy. I may or may not cobble together a last minute costume/mask.

New York is treating me with polite indifference. Living in Harlem is making me stir-crazy.

Please go to your sister's party as something scary again this year, I hate that so many people have forgotten they're s'posed to scaring away evil spirits on Halloween.

Mesh Posted: Tue Dec 3 19:46:13 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Kira!

Did you get any trick-or-treaters? What's the weather like in NYC right now(let us pretend I can't just google it, for conversations sake.)? What was the last good book you read? I am about to start reading Zealot by Reza Aslan.

I did not go to my sister's party this year. Was in the hospital with my wife. That's also where we spent our one year anniversary. Emergency surgery was required and all that good stuff. And with no insurance, so yay crushing medical debt! Next year...next year I'll go as something scary.

sweet p Posted: Sat Dec 14 09:11:37 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Kira, hi Mesh! How's it going Kira? I hope you and your wife are okay now Mesh.

I am living in France now and Halloween came and went without much of a mention :( It will be my first Christmas away from home too, so I am feeling kinda sad about that. There are tonnes of Christmas markets popping up around the city though, and the pretty lights and mulled wine sure help to drown out any of my sorrows :)

Anyhoo, just wanted to say hello to my old pals. Even though it's kinda dead around here, I find it to still be such a cozy corner.

Hope everything's great xx

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 14 17:41:30 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>Hi Kira, hi Mesh! How's it going Kira? I hope you and your wife are okay now Mesh.
>
>I am living in France now and Halloween came and went without much of a mention :( It will be my first Christmas away from home too, so I am feeling kinda sad about that. There are tonnes of Christmas markets popping up around the city though, and the pretty lights and mulled wine sure help to drown out any of my sorrows :)
>

>Anyhoo, just wanted to say hello to my old pals. Even though it's kinda dead around here, I find it to still be such a cozy corner.
>
>Hope everything's great xx
>
Hi P, I lived in France as a young boy. I went to the first and second grade at a school for American military dependents in a small town on the Riviera called Bulieu. We lived in a place called Villefranche Sur Mer. Early sixties and it was gorgeous. I only wish I had been older so I could appreciate it a little more. I've lost almost all my French now and even got a C when I took it as a second language in high school. Anyway, I'm sure France is a better place for you having moved there now. Merry Christmas !

sweet p Posted: Tue Dec 17 07:43:07 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Hif! That's pretty cool! I haven't been to the South of France yet [living in Paris now] but it looks gorgeous in all of the photos that I've seen. I hope to visit it sooner rather than later. Thank you, and have a happy Christmas :)

Mesh Posted: Mon Dec 23 22:11:01 2013 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>Hi Kira, hi Mesh! How's it going Kira? I hope you and your wife are okay now Mesh.
>
>

Hey P! She's doing well now :) She actually had to go back to hospital on the eighth, she developed an abscess and infection from the surgery. She had to stay several days, have another operation, and be pumped full of powerful antibiotics. It was scary! But she's recovering quite nicely now.

What takes you to Paris? How long do you plan on being there? What is your favorite part so far?

Hif! I didn't know that you lived in France. What are some of your fondest memories from that time?

Merry Christmas to you all :)

Kira Posted: Mon Jan 6 01:25:13 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  P somehow I miss you knowing you're in France now instead of Canada. :(

Mesh I'm glad your wife is recovering.

sweet p Posted: Wed Mar 5 09:58:04 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Good to hear that things are okay, Mesh!

Paris was a city I had always considered but it only became a reality when my husband was offered a job here. I can't see myself living here forever but we aren't in a rush to leave yet! I would say that all of the art and "culture" everywhere is one of my favourite things here. And as a canuck, the mild Winter weather is a wonderful change. The fact that I can lounge on a cafe patio all year round [and that everyone here is an expert at relaxation] has nice effects on my mood :) That, and the wine and cheese prices... Like any place though, there are things that I dislike about this city too. But talking about those just makes me miss home.

Kira somehow being in France makes me miss you and other people here too!
Moving so far away from home has made me appreciate how wonderful both Canada and the people I care about are.

I am sad to admit that I completely forgot my GT password so had to find JQ on another social media site to ask him for help! I can't figure out if age is starting to affect my memory or if I had been away from here longer than I thought...

Hope you've all had a good start to 2014 :)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]