Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

UPDATE!
mat_j Posted: Sun May 11 13:01:19 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey gang, anyone left alive? What you all been up to?

Mesh Posted: Fri May 16 03:54:46 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am alive!

Errrr uhhhhhhh. Well pshoo. I really don't have any updates that aren't a continuance of the sort of depressing updates I've popped in with the last few times over the past year and a half. Life just...keeps sucking and causing problems beyond my control to fix, I guess? Illnesses, wifes illnesses, businesses closing, exciting forays into hallucinations and delusions. Bah humbug, I say. Bah humbug to it all.

On the UP SIDE, it's beautiful spring, my dogs are healthy, my outside cats are healthy, one is even about to give birth, my rose bush is blooming. I'm moving further in a long process of getting hired on at a company that'll really take care of me and offer me basically a lifetime career if I want it. Yay! Mmmmmm let's see. I have family that have bought land recently in central Texas, about an hour from me. I'm very excited about it, it'll be nice to have someone aside from my sister close by. It's just been me and my sister here for years. I miss my family and appreciate them more with each passing year.

I don't know if I ever even mentioned it on here, it's been so long since I've done the regular posting thing. I quite smoking cigarettes cold turkey back in 2010! I rarely drink anymore. Only during holiday parties or families birthday parties, basically. I keep some fine bourbon here at home, but I never touch it. Only take it with me for special occasions. If I get this job, which it's looking fairly likely that I will, it will enable my wife and I to start considering having children again. That is something we were going to do over a year and a half ago, but then I got chronically ill and my company closed down in the same month, and things just stayed shitty for a good long while. Not really the kind of situation we wanted to be bringing children into. But having to put it on hold like that, because of circumstance beyond my control, I think it really frustrated me on the inside and helped contribute to a mental break with reality. Hence the "exciting foray into hallucination and delusion." I'm doing better now, better each week. Obtaining gainful employment again will only further my progress. The stress of unemployment, the feelings of guilt and uselessness and helplessness attached to being jobless, the constant isolation, all day, every day. I was alone with my own negative, self-loathing thoughts day in and day out. Bah humbug to that!

I still think about GT'ers from time to time. I miss the interactions, the jokes, the conversations, the arguments. I wonder how libra is. Christophe. Addi. Sweet Pea. And about a dozen others that were "core" members. You too, Mr. Mat! I wonder how they are all doing in life, I wonder if they think about GT ever, I wish that I could at least communicate a "I am thinking of you and sending you positive energy in your life, I hope all is well. We needn't make small talk, just know that by virtue of knowing you all on here, you've had an impact on my life. A net-positive impact, and it is for this reason that I send you my warm regards."

I am sentimental and I am beyond tired. I should not continue writing any longer. Goodnight, GT. Goodnight, Mat. Goodnight Kira and Hif.

Kira Posted: Sat May 17 23:38:57 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lately I have been trying to find a new job and find a new roommate, although I could be trying harder. If any of you want to move to New York, let me know, I've got an awesome place by the park.

The goal is to move from just surviving to thriving. Living in a major metropolitan area is really no fun when all you do is work and sleep. Also working every weekend is murder on my personal life and has been going on for fifteen years, so it's high time to resolve that issue. It's more frustrating than ever now that I am seeing someone from out of state who works Mon-Fri like a normal person.

On the bright side I've begun an exciting new relationship with a bona fide grown up and I don't have to wear jackets outside anymore. Better late than never, Spring.

misszero Posted: Wed May 28 10:09:35 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not that Mat particularly needs an update, I thought I'd post one if anyone else is interested.
My life feels like pure chaos at the moment. I've had dramas with my visa application to stay in the UK, which has resulted in me being on unpaid suspension from my job because I'm 'an illegal.'
I also got married to a beardy Englishman last month.
All in all, there is a very intense period of change happening in my life right now, and I've had to leave more things in the hands of others (and government departments) than I'm really comfortable with. But, as my Dad would be quick to point out, it's 'character building.'
I hope everyone else is well. I'm glad things are looking up for you Mesh. Kira, I'd be incredibly keen to move to New York, but I think I've completed about 6 lifetime's worth of visa paperwork in the past month or so, and I just couldn't face another form!

Ahriman Posted: Sun Jun 1 04:50:30 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh stuff. Still a gypsy. Ups, downs and all arounds. Stars to guide and sun to warm. Every moment counts. Never sure how many there are left. Living a good life.

Heimlich Posted: Wed Jun 11 20:04:46 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Good lord it's been 2 years!! So much nostalgia coming back. Did you know I actually never looked at the GT site when I used to come here? I'd just go straight to the forum - it was kind of a shock to come back and realise the forum was just a small part of a whole other site!

It's cold and rainy here, and the neighbour is shouting at her dog. I've got an exam tomorrow, I've been back in NZ nearly two years now and at the end of this year I can get a job as an English teacher in a high school. That's about all I can think of. Nice to know there are still people around!

Ohh now let's see if I can remember my password to post this. Funnily enough, I've been doing teaching experience in schools where the kids would never, ever guess that when I was their age I had a username like "choke"!

Edit: I couldn't remember my password. It's me anyway!

Kira Posted: Mon Jun 16 02:22:47 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh wow it's Tiffany HIIIIII!

Thought you'd been swallowed by oblivion like most of the other veteran GT'ers.

Kira Posted: Mon Jun 16 02:29:12 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  P.S. I came here just now because I was on another forum (GASP) and everyone was posting about crazy exes and someone responded with "Hey guys can we be mad at Tiffany too? She was a b***. F*** Tiffany."

And I thought of Choke and came here and there she is.

True story.

Heimlich Posted: Tue Jun 17 20:47:29 2014 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! That is awesome. Funnily enough, I AM a bitch ex! Probably one of my conquests ^-^

mat_j Posted: Fri Jan 16 02:03:09 2015 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow, i can't even remember posting this!

Good we're all still alive and kicking!

Kira Posted: Sun Feb 8 01:16:04 2015 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey guy(s). Just thought I'd check in.

Still live in CT, and now beginning to love snow a little bit less than I used to. It was easier to get excited about it when it all melted after three days.

I saw the Ghost Busters car a few days ago at Stop and Shop.

My dog is afraid of the dishwasher, the fireplace, and his water bowl. I am utterly unsympathetic.

I am getting my first (and only?) tattoo in Brooklyn next month.

Still doing a pretty good job at pretending to be a grown-up.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 19 15:33:32 2015 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Hey guy(s). Just thought I'd check in.
>
>Still live in CT, and now beginning to love snow a little bit less than I used to. It was easier to get excited about it when it all melted after three days.
>
>I saw the Ghost Busters car a few days ago at Stop and Shop.
>
>My dog is afraid of the dishwasher, the fireplace, and his water bowl. I am utterly unsympathetic.
>
>I am getting my first (and only?) tattoo in Brooklyn next month.
>
>Still doing a pretty good job at pretending to be a grown-up.
>
Um need some details about your tat. I would assume you have it by now.

Puck Posted: Fri Apr 24 20:49:10 2015 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it's seriously taken me THIS long to get the relevance of choke's new name
*quadruple facepalm!*

Puck Posted: Fri Apr 24 20:56:18 2015 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I mean, don't think that I've been pondering over it for a year. I swear that I haven't! shut up!!

Kira Posted: Wed Aug 12 22:54:52 2015 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Kira said:
>>
>>I am getting my first (and only?) tattoo in Brooklyn next month.
>>
>>
>Um need some details about your tat. I would assume you have it by now.
>

Yup I got it. The image is of the outline of an hourglass inside of a circle on my upper back. Wanted it in white ink, artist convinced me this would never work, for some reason got it in a lavender color instead and am extremely unhappy with the decision.

Will have another artist redo it when I have the cash. Not sure how I'm going to "fix" it yet but will probably be much more involved and my friends made enough fun of my cringing the first time around.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]