Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Walked past a familiar spot and thought of this place and here I am.
iggy Posted: Tue Jan 17 04:09:52 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There's this little place near my office where it brings back a wave of happy memories, and sometimes I walk past the area when I go out and grab coffee or have my meetings.

So I was there, and it reminded me of a time many years ago and well, here I am.

15 years since I've joined GT and I think I've known some of you for 15 years.

How's everyone doing these days?

I see some of you in FaceBook and Instagram once in while but it's this place that made me feel closer to all of you.

I was 26 when I first came here, and now I'm 40 going on 41.

I've spent a good hour looking at all of the posts that I've posted here and can actually see how I've progressed all the 15 years.
All the anger, the angst, the coming of age and dreams that I used to have when I was in my 20s, to finding my way in my 30s and now I have moved to my 40s.

This place holds a time capsule of my happiness, joy, anger, heartaches, and every other emotion in between.

We have gotten older, and hopefully wiser over the years and once in a while, I pop inside and am glad to hear some familiar voices in here.

I'm good, if you're asking.

I have my company now. I think that's the end game for me when I started in my path into this present life many years ago.
I've stopped directing but am very happy and comfortable in my position as an Executive Producer.

My industry recognises me as that and I am blessed to have worked with some of the best in the industry.

I've had conversations with the people that I admired from far away as a film student and consider some of them as my mentors and friends.

I produce commercials, movies, and series these days and am glad that I've found a team that I can trust all my work with these days.

I've stopped pushing crazy hours and am kind of semi-retired.
I teach a day a week, trying to mentor the younger ones on how to find their way in my craft.

I travel a lot in these days and try to find a little place that I can call my own in every country that I go to.

I have a little shop in a quiet part of Singapore that I love to bits and my working partners love to pop by and spend time in my office.

Kira Posted: Sat Feb 4 20:06:57 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Holy cow, did I really join here when I was 19?

Glad to hear you're doing well "Chan" as I remember you.

I'm back in NYC after a short absence, started a dog walking business but looking to switch careers as soon as possible.

I scrounge up enough to go out for drinks/food/etc. with friends once in a while, otherwise I lead a pretty quiet life.

I've recently learned a lot more than I ever wished to about narcissism, gaslighting, and depression. -_-

Que sera, sera.

mat_j Posted: Sun Mar 5 09:40:15 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This made me smile, and I can barely believe it's been this long!!

I'll be 35 in a couple of months, I was a mere pup when I first came here all those years ago... Holy crap, if I recall correctly I was the actual first GTer! I can remember choosing this name because I didn't want to be lumbered with a nickname I would be embarrassed by in years to come. HAHAHA!

Since that fateful afternoon in a university computer room a decade and a half ago I have formed lasting bonds with so many people here and I have even met 4 overseas GTers in person (if you add that to the 4 Welsh GTers besides me- Anubis, Jasco, Paulo and Billy then that's 8 Gters I have seen with my own two eyes. Is that a record?) and am always excited to meet more if ever we pass through each other's necks of the woods!

mat_j Posted: Sun Mar 5 09:42:06 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Holy moses, I completely missed your post Kira, I'm sorry to hear that old friend and I hope you're ok. xx

Mesh Posted: Wed Jun 21 21:57:36 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey all and any GT folks, I hope that this message makes it to you through the din of bot advertisements.

Just wanted to know, how are you all doing? I hope to hear you are all doing well and are happy, though I know life is quite often unfair and painful. But I hope you're all surviving and finding beauty and pleasure here and there, at the very least, if not more.

As for me? Life has given, and life has taken away. C'est la vie. I've been given much to be thankful for, I've had much painfully ripped away. As I've grown older I've come to realize resisting pain and change just makes life more miserable. I'm much more content now that I accept that suffering is the price we pay for living. I have a much deeper appreciation for all of the beauty and good in the world, from the grandest of things to the most minute, everyday things, then I ever have before.

My marriage has recently ended and the woman I consider my soul mate no longer loves me. I have developed rheumatoid arthritis, I have liver disease. I also have a beautiful little girl that is the most important thing in the world to me, a loving and supportive family, a nice place to stay in a rural setting, sunshine, and endless possibilities. How could I be mad? Each road block is an opportunity to learn and grow.

Wishing you all the best.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jun 26 23:24:30 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bumping because of stupid bots flooding the place.

Mesh Posted: Sun Jul 30 20:30:11 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mesh said:
>Bumping because of stupid bots flooding the place.

Again. Gawd.

Kira Posted: Tue Sep 5 17:42:08 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanks Mesh for helping to keep the lights on.

Not forgetting Jason of course, and everyone else who still posts.

Although I did forget to come in here and say something when I remembered Jason's birthday last month...

Guess I'm a little word for remembering though. XD

Kira Posted: Tue Sep 5 17:42:37 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Weird*

Mesh Posted: Tue Sep 12 16:08:48 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Weird*

I liked "a little word" better :)

I actually thought about making a birthday thread for JQ, but then I wasn't sure if he checks here anymore, or if anyone would ever see it because of the bots botting everything up.

I hope you are well, Kira! How was your summer? Summer here was lonnngggg and hot, but we actually got some cool weather the past week. It was lovely.

I check here once every week or two, just in case...

libra Posted: Sat Sep 16 01:54:13 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey guys.

Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 23 17:02:39 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>hey guys.

Hi! How are you???

Kira Posted: Wed Sep 27 23:52:42 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  HI LIBRA!

Mesh I hope that JQ does check once in a while, I think he's still adding quotes occasionally.

My summer was also long and hot, though to be fair it could have been hotter. Overall it wasn't so bad weather wise but I've been working myself into the ground with not a lot to show for it.

I hope that you are doing well too! I miss all the great conversations and furious debates we had here.

libra Posted: Sat Sep 30 02:11:21 2017 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Iím good, just stopping by on one of my yearly or so check ins.

Feels like a whole different life back then when we were all on the forum regularly.

I hope everyone is well.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]